EGRHS CLASS OF 1988
September 28 - 29, 2018
WELCOME BACK TAILGATE PARTY featuring Yesterdog!
Friday, September 28, from 6 to 9 PM
2515 Indian Trail, SE
- A casual, family-friendly gathering before/after EGR's home football game
- Hosted by Elizabeth Welch ('88) and Brian Schwartz (’84)
- $10 per person includes hot dogs, snacks, and soft drinks
HIGH SCHOOL TOUR hosted by EGR Schools Foundation
Saturday, September 29, at 10AM
2211 Lake Drive, SE
- Meet at main entrance on Lake Drive
- Free of charge, but kindly let us know how many (including children) will join the tour
FOUNDERS BREWING CO. tour and lunch
Saturday, September 29, from 12 noon to 2:30 PM
235 Grandville Avenue, SW
- Brewery tours led by Dave Engbers ('89), Brad Stevenson ('88), and Tony Barnes ('87)
- Fajita lunch in the Centennial Room (private space)
- Children are welcome for lunch (same cost as adults; soft drinks available)
but no one under 21 may consume alcohol or go on a tour of the brewery!
- $28 per person includes fajita lunch, tour, and one beer ticket. Price will increase on September 5 to $30. If spots remain after September 28, price at the door will be $35 (cash only)
- Space is limited, so please register soon!
REUNION CELEBRATION at the Grand Rapids Yacht Club
Saturday, September 29, from 7 to 10 PM
740 Lakeside Drive, SE
- Our main reunion event (adults only, please)
- $40 per person includes appetizers, dinner, and desserts by a local EGR caterer. Price increases on September 5 to $45. Price at the door will be $50 (cash only)
- B.Y.O.B.; caterer will provide soft drinks and non-alcoholic mixers
Grand Rapids will be bustling that weekend thanks to Art Prize (a major public art event). For anyone who may need a hotel room, we urge you once again to reserve as early as possible since many hotels will fill to capacity during Art Prize.
We have reserved blocks of rooms at two hotels:
Hilton Garden Inn (brand new and closest to EGR):
2321 East Beltline Ave.
(616) 608 8800
The deadline has passed for reserving at our discounted reunion rate, but feel free to inquire about AAA member discounts, etc.
Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham (formerly a Residence Inn; near Woodland Mall):
2701 East Beltline Ave.
(616) 957 8111
Room Block name: EGR Class of ’88 Reunion
Discounted rate: $99 + taxes
(unreserved rooms in our block will be released on Friday, September 7!)
Most of the gallery venues for Art Prize are downtown. We weren't able to secure a block of rooms at a downtown hotel, but feel free to search yourself if you prefer to stay in the middle of the action.